How to make my Website Popular
Everyone says the same thing
- Wikipedia: All the information you want about anything. information was already there Wikipedia brought it in a new way
- Youtube: All the videos in the world!!
- Ehow: How to do anything in the world, where else can you find this???
- Facebook: Social networking was an already existing idea, facebook presented it in a much better way. By the way facebok was developed by a 22 years old guy.
My first website is now getting more than 400,000 hits/month and this number is increasing every now and then.
In this article I will tell you some of the tips that can help your website become more popular.
If Lots of people visit your website then it must be good!!
Psychological research has proven that the perceived value of something is increased when people notice that there is a high demand on it. A research has proven that a male who gets lots of smiles from females is perceived to be more attractive by other females.
The same goes for websites, if a website was perceived to be popular then lots of people will start trusting it more and so it will become more popular.
So the question is, how to convince people that your website is popular? (without lying of course)
Here are few methods:
* Display the number of monthly hits: In my first website's main page I have a big image that states the number of monthly visitors. I am really surprised by the number of websites that get more than 100,000 hit/month yet they never display it anywhere!!
* Display a counter: Use a web counter that displays the number of hits you get. Adjust it so that it displays page visits and not unique visitors so that the number grows quickly.
* Display the number of Rss subscribers : Display the number of rss subscribers , the number of twitter followers or the number of people who have subscribed to your newsletter
What if my website gets no visitors?
So what if your website still has no visitors? What can you do to prove to others that your website is valuable?
Here are some good things you can do:
* Use testimonials: Testimonials can have the same effect that displaying the number of visitors has. Both techniques will increase your website's perceived value
* Keep repeating the message: Yes, stating that you are the best at the footer of every page can brainwash your visitor's minds to believe in you. This technique uses a concept that is called subconscious mind programming and you can know more about it by reading my article How to sell more ebooks , for a practical example check the footer of this page.
In summary do whatever you can to prove to your visitors that people like your website and your website will become even more popular.